It is 6 month course which introduces students to the equipment found in professional kitchens and methods for preparing quality food. Students learn basic cooking terms and procedures for preparing meals for large numbers of people. In addition to kitchen safety and sanitation procedures
On successful completion of this course, trainees can find employment in following sectors:
- Work as a Cook in hotels, restaurants or any other food service organizations
- Prepare food for non-commercial and commercial operations
- Can work in catering industry.
- Open their own food outlets or manage canteens.
- Introduction about cooking
- Menu planning
- Methods of Cooking
- Food Safety & hygiene
- Usage of Kitchen equipment and Utensils/Kitchen Safety
- Cutting styles
- Stocks, sauces
- Food handling
- Pakistani cuisine
- Continental cuisine